Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Best Compliment

Last weekend I received the best compliment ever. Or at least the best compliment I remember.

We had driven up to Boone for the day to see Josh's family, many of whom we hadn't seen for about a year and half or so. They had all flown or driven to NC for the holiday and had extended their stay so that we could visit them on our first day off.

Josh's grandfather, Robert, is a sweet guy. He's older. I mean, he's a great grandpa after all. And interestingly he can do a perfect impersonation of Donald Duck.

But Josh's grandfather comes up to me, hugs me, and tells me that I just keep getting prettier. Maybe it was because I wasn't feeling particularly pretty. I mean, who does after an hour and half car ride with 2 babies? And after two years of pregnancies and losing weight and gaining weight and not even feeling like I'm living in MY body, there aren't a lot of random compliments out there. So any compliment I get these days feels kinda special.

But something about just struck me as so super sweet. And he may well have greeted all of the females in the family that he hadn't seen in awhile that way. I dunno. Either way. Something about it just made me grin. And even now, days later, I appreciate it.

Once you have kids you get used to not being the one people compliment. Not that you don't necessarily look good. But little people are so much cuter! So sometimes its a rare kind word that just really makes your day. So really, best compliment. Ever.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment