Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ditching the Droid

So, in a week, my cell phone contract is up for renewal.

It's a day that has been marked on my calendar for about 6 months and I am quite eagerly anticipating it. Ticking it off excitedly. Reminding my husband. My mom. My kids. My dog.

Yep, next week! I am so excited because finally, FINALLY I am getting rid of this piece of crap phone and getting a new one. But not just any new phone. No sir. I am making the switch to the iPhone.

Two years ago, I signed up with Verizon and committed myself to the Droid and the Android OS. I wanted an iPhone then. Kinda. I mean, who wouldn't? But they were awfully pricey. And Verizon's plans were cheaper then as well. So, I went with Verizon. And I chose the Android because it seemed really cool at the time. And of course, then the iPhone wasn't available from Verizon.

Ugh. Well, Verizon is still better. I'm happy with my carrier. Not so happy with my phone.

The phone itself is on its last leg. I'm notoriously hard on cell phones. My temper and tendency to hurl them across the room doesn't help. But just day to day life with me is tough. My phone goes everywhere and does everything. It's in back pockets, my purse, the diaper bag, the cup holder, coat pockets, the baby's mouth, the toddler's hands. Life is hard for my cell phone.

The OS is terrible. It's like the Mac vs. PC debate. Windows will always have more problems because of how many types of computers run it. With Apple, they make it all. From the hardware to the software. Therefore there are no compatibility issues. There aren't glitches and quirks and hold ups and malfunctions. Apple doesn't release iCrap. It releases the MacBook and the iPad and the iPhone. Good, solid, long lasting products that are dependable. I am thankful that I have not actually ever needed to make an emergency call on my phone. Because 98% of the time it freezes up, blacks the screens, dials the wrong number, hangs up, mutes out, restarts itself, etc. when I'm trying to make a non-urgent call. I'm sure an important call would just cause it to implode.

So next week, I'm getting an iPhone. And I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment