Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cooking for the Masses

I love to cook.

I don't really know when I developed this affinity for the kitchen. But the appreciation has really blossomed since having kids. And my favorite cooking appliance, without a doubt, is the crock pot.

I must get it from my great grandmother, Ma Mary. I need to devote an entire blog to that special woman. Maybe tomorrow. But for now, suffice it to say, she loved to feed the masses.

Something about feeding other people just tickles me. I love it. It's why I prefer to do Thanksgiving at my house. And it's why I brought a crock pot full of lasagna to work today.

It's a new recipe that I sort of developed from a Betty Crocker recipe. It's delicious or I think so.

Today, my mother and my toddler, two of my coworkers and myself, and then two paramedics who were just lucky enough to be stationed here today ate some of my lasagna. They all swear to have loved it. I didn't watch to see if anyone was raking food off into the trash can. But a couple requested the recipe. So maybe that's a good sign?

My mom even texted me to say it was good!

It makes me proud and makes me feel good that someone else enjoyed something I created. Especially since the recipe is kind of my own. So, anyways, I was just sitting here thinking how proud Ma Mary would be of me. And how I wish that I had cared more about domestic things when she was alive because she could have taught me so much!

*sigh*

Enjoy the full moon!

By the way, if you are interested in the recipe I will be happy to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment