Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Brief Ramble

I don't really know what I want to write about today. Is it okay if I just sit here and ramble for a bit?

Well, I don't guess I will know what you said. If you don't want to listen to me ramble then please. stop reading. Otherwise, that's probably all you're going to get!

So I am totally spazzing out about everything that I need to get done in the next 48 hours. And to make it all the better, I will spend 16 hours of that working. And I'd like to spend at least 16 of it sleeping (though who am I kidding really?) so when you take 32 hours out of that 48...and factor in the time that I will be spending feeding, bathing, clothing and generally caring for my little people...yeah...not a lot of hours left there.

I've got to go to the grocery store and get something for the spaghetti lunch we're cooking at work. Plus some eggs. I need to make deviled eggs. Bake 2 pumpkin pies. Finish thawing my turkey and de-giblet it. Super clean my house. Oh. Em. Gee. I guess I can just cross sleeping off the list of "to do" and maybe I need to add a bottle of wine to the grocery list. Cause I might just need it!

To make being stressed so much more enjoyable, when I get stressed I am pretty much incapable of eating. My stomach totally rejects food. Even the idea of eating makes me feel like I could be sick. So I'm sitting here feeling my blood sugar plummet. Wishing I could come up with something that sounded edible. While simultaneously feeling like I never want to eat again. And thinking about pulling the icky bits out of a clammy 20 lb turkey tomorrow. Gag.

Yeah. Not good.

And although I got the girls' Christmas pics done this morning I don't feel good about THAT. The photographer did a great job but the girls just wouldn't smile at the same time. And their attention spans are pretty limited. So there is a small window of time that you can spend trying to get them to smile for the camera before you lose their focus and they're having a total meltdown.

So I'm anxious to see if any of them turned out decent. Anxious about what to do if they didn't. Aggravated that it didn't go as well as I had hoped. Frustrated by my ridiculously high standards that seem to leave me increasingly disappointed. And bummed by the fact that the only person I have to rant to...is my blog. Hah!

Well, I've rambled until I've thought of something I can eat. And I've thought of a blog idea! Yay for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment