Sunday, December 4, 2011

When Do I Get to be ME?

So, here I am 10 months after my last pregnancy. Im just now at the halfway point in pregnant versus not. It was in fact about this time 3 years ago that I got pregnant with Evie. Of the last 36 months I have spent 18 months pregnant.

And I still cannot help but wonder when do I get back to being me? Or is this the way things are going to be? I mean I'm okay either way. But dang.

It's like my body will never be my own again. Before I got pregnant I was not a fan of cheese or milk or any dairy really. When I was pregnant with Evie I craved cheese all the time! And I could stand at the fridge and just guzzle milk by the quart. I dealt with it and figured that I would be back to normal after she was born.

But nope. No such luck.

Even now, with Evie nearly 28 months old, I absolutely love cheese. I could eat cheese quesadillas every day. And while before I had a baby I ate various things for breakfast, I have to have cereal every morning now. Sometimes also for supper. Even lunch. It's cray!

My residual from Elly is fortunately not a food craving. Really fortunate because all I craved pickled sausage with her. But absolutely everything makes me cry! I was never a big crier before. Sappy movies, bad days, big fights. None of those really brought on the water works. Even when pregnant with Evie I wasn't a huge crier, but I did cry more than usual. Just had an awful temper.

But when I was pregnant with Elly everything made me cry. And now 10 months afterwards everything still makes me cry. Really! Evie and I were watching Santa Paws last night and I cried when the dog catcher took lil Tiny to live with the sick boy. Seriously. Commercials on tv make me cry. Like the Pampers commercial with the sleeping babies. I cry. Commercials about soldiers coming home for Christmas leave me sobbing. Evie looks at me and cocks her eyebrow like "Really?" Yeah kid. Really.

So, is this me 2.0? Cause I gotta tell ya. It still feels strange. Maybe in a few more months it'll smooth out. Or maybe I will have gotten used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment