Monday, December 12, 2011

Totally Gettin Into the Holidays

If you know me you would probably argue that I have been into the holiday spirit for sometime now. Months even.

And you'd be correct. I have been totally obsessed with Christmas for quite awhile. I am always a little nuts for Christmas, but this year has been much more severe due to the kids. This year Evie really "gets" Christmas and that makes it so much more exciting.

But this weekend really marked the start to the holiday season for me. I mean, I've had my Christmas tree up for weeks, had the Christmas music in the car, have been watching Christmas movies, etc. But as excited as I have been about Christmas I didn't really feel like I was in the Christmas spirit. I hadn't caught myself humming Christmas music. Or been really into the Christmas movies.

This weekend that all changed.

It started Friday morning. A quick shopping trip with Evie to get some peppermint oil, Christmas ornaments and pick up the Christmas pictures. Strolling around Main Street all bundled up with Evie was just perfect. Her asking lots of questions and giggling and talking away. Then picking our Christmas ornaments, while not the cheapest endeavor (that girl has EXPENSIVE taste!), was a blast. Evie was so excited to put the new ornaments on the tree when we got home so we did that and showed off the pictures. They turned out great!

After work finished I up the Christmas cards, which isn't nearly the chore I'm always afraid it will be.

Saturday morning we had a fun family morning just hanging out around the house. We cleaned up and made a mess. Then had pizza for lunch. Then Evie and I made red and white play clay (a.k.a play dough), added peppermint oil and glitter. After naps, we packaged the peppermint play dough as gifts for each of Evie's friends. Then I let Evie use all of our cookie cutters to play with the left over play dough. Which there was a TON of. It was so much fun!

Sunday we went to see Santa and watched Christmas movies. Also we completed our annual tradition of making sugar cookies. Despite my fears, Evie did a great job with all of it. No tantrums. No screaming. No crying.

It was an awesome weekend! And I am so much into the holiday spirit now!

I'm so counting down the days until Christmas.

And Evie was so funny this morning. Listening to Christmas music on the way into work, "Santa Claus is coming to town" and Evie yells "Momma! Santa Claus is coming!"

No comments:

Post a Comment