Friday, December 9, 2011

Pinterest for the Holidays

Okay, so Pinterest is like the COOLEST thing ever.

It's also awful. I repeat, awful. It is so terribly addictive!

However, it has a lot of potential to seriously enrich the lives of my children. And maybe me. I've found the best cookie recipe ever. And my children have made their very first handmade Christmas decorations. I'm currently trying to talk my mom (a.k.a their daycare) into making some more ornaments that I just found when they are there next week. Wish me luck.

Tomorrow, Evie and I have a Pinterest project planned. I plan on taking pictures and doing a post because this will be our first lil project in awhile. We're both stoked.

So, I dunno about you guys but my December has been really busy.

Have you guys been busy? The hectic busy or just plenty to do?

Mine has actually been the good kind. The no-bored-but-not-stressed kind. You know that kind? I've been doing some baking. The previously mentioned Cookie recipe was delicious and is going to be absolutely perfect for my work Christmas party (whenever that may be...probably mid January lol). I hate taking an untried recipe to a party. You never know what you might end up with.

When I was little, every year around Christmas my mom would make sugar dough cookies from scratch and roll out the dough for us to cut out cookies. I always loved the tradition and it's one I want to continue with my girls. However last year I made the from-scratch cookies, and it was a HUGE pain with a little person running around. I can't imagine doing it with TWO little people. So we're going to hold off on the from-scratch cookies and go with the recipe-in-a-bag Betty Crocker ones. Way simpler when you have impatient little helpers pulling on your pants leg. Evie will still get to cut out cookies. I have plans for laying down some wax paper on the table and letting her have at it. That event will be NEXT weekend. Probably. If tomorrow's project goes really well, it might be this weekend.

Sorry to be so secret about tomorrow's project. But it a surprise for some people who actually (reportedly, lol) read this blog! So I will have to wait a little bit before revealing tomorrow's project. Hopefully by next weekend I will get to post about it though.

I'm really done with Christmas shopping now. Stocking stuffers are packed in the closet. The last Santa gift arrived yesterday. And yes, I was FINALLY able to get Rapunzel. I cannot wait to see Evie's face when she tears open that box on Christmas morning! It will be so worth the countless hours spent scouring the internet and stalking the Disney website.

I think all of the Christmas arrangements have been finalized. As far as when we're going where and with whom. With two grandbabies we do have a little bit of negotiating power. We have finangled our way into getting Christmas Eve at my mom's house. And moved it to lunchtime to allow for happier babies and make it possible for their Daddy to be there. Though his presence may be short-lived since he will have to work. The girls will be more comfortable in the familiar location so they won't require that warming up time that is necessary if you take them to a strange house and surround them with strange people. Plus there won't be rushing home to get girls into bed. If necessary, they can nap there!

For those who don't know, usually my Christmas Eve routine is supper at my grandparents house followed by opening their presents to us. It is a blast and we get to see some family members that we don't see very often. But with the girls it was going to be difficult to get up there for supper, with their late naps. And we would have had to rush home for Elly's bottle and bed.

This will be much much easier on me. And my kids. Then Christmas Day will be at our house. My parents will probably come over and do a leftovers sort of lunch.

I'm excited. Can you tell?

So, are you ready for Christmas? What do you have left?

Wish us luck tomorrow. Any arts and crafts with a two-year-old can be touch and go.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the project! Ever is excited about it. I'm gonna let him take it to Kayla's tomorrow while we are at the squad meeting so he can play with it! Glad you are done for Christmas...must be nice! I have two more gifts to buy, waiting on another to arrive, then gotta get all the stocking stuff still! Ugh!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete