Friday, February 17, 2012

Some Awesome Valentines cupcakes

So I know I missed Valentines day. In my defense I have been busy and my two year old is pushing me to the brink of insanity. It's been awful.

But last weekend Evie and I, in one her non-demon child moments, made cupcakes. It was fun. Not nearly the disaster that cooking with her used to be. Seems like she gets more grown up and self sufficient every week. So she helped me mix the ingredients and then free the baking she helped frost the cupcakes. Evie had a blast and ate a lot of sugar. I had fun because I love doing anything semi-constructive with my kids and I also LOVE to bake.

The end results were delicious. Of course. We made strawberry brownie cupcakes. They were way easier than the taste implies.

Basically get a box of strawberry cake mix and a box of brownie mix. Make each mix separately. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners. Then full each cup approximately 1/3 with brownie mic then another third full with strawberry mix. Bake about 10 minutes on 375 or until tops are firm but not golden. I used Betty Crocker whipped vanilla frosting. Turned out fabulous. Even though I did terrible at just adding 1/3 of a liner of brownie mix. Haha. And my pans were rather messy. But no one complained! I brought a bunch to work and my family ate on them for about 5 days.

The really cool thing about this recipe is the limitless combinations you can try. I look forward to trying different types of brownie mix with different cakes. Also trying a couple of different cake combos together. See how that works. Let me know if you try any neat combinations! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment