Monday, October 17, 2011

Ten Things to Know and Never Share about Yours Truly

I've been having random thoughts lately about random little tidbits about myself that most people don't know. So I thought I would share these things with you! Please, don't laugh at me. Okay. You can laugh. I do. But just don't tell anyone else.


1 - You'd never think it looking through my music collection, but I love Britney Spears' music. No. Really! Her songs are the ones that I have to crank up and do my goofy dancing in the car. I'm going to embarrass the crap out of my children when they get older and have friends and reputations to maintain. And it won't even be intentional. Just the side effect of too much Britney Spears at a young age. My goofy wanna-be-a-teen-pop-star dance technique is one of my 

2 - I am a total wuss about scary movies. Paranormal Activity creeped me out to NO end. Kujo made me scream. I saw Silver Bullet when I was about 10 and had nightmares for weeks. I cannot watch anything scary at night. If I do watch something scary then I have to either stay up all night or watch something light hearted or funny afterward so that I'm not thinking about the scary thing. Ironically, almost all I read is scary books. Stephen King, Dean Koontz...they are my absolute favorite authors. Some of King's books have actually made it impossible for me to sleep for several nights straight. Yet I continue reading them.

3- I'm not necessarily claustrophobic but I'm really paranoid about being trapped. No matter how large the space is I would completely lose my cookies if I wasn't able to get out of it. Being in the middle of a large crowd of people makes my blood pressure go up, I tend to clinch and unclinch my fists, chew my lip, etc. I can't handle it. I had to crawl under the bed the other day to retrieve a toy and it made me feel panicky to have the bed pressed so close. If I have an issue unlocking a door to get out of a bathroom I feel like I might scream. It's crazy bad!

4 - Conspiracy theories are incredibly interesting! Or at least the well thought ones. The crazier ones are...well, crazy. But some of the bigger ones are pretty wild to read up on and think about. Like all the conspiracies around JFK's assassination. Or the ones about the September 11 attacks. Theories about space travel and the government can be pretty far out there. But some of them are interesting to read about. Thought provoking. I doubt I will ever be selling everything I own and moving into a bomb shelter or anything but I could totally buy into some of them!

5 - Feet are super gross. Well, let me clarify. Other people's feet are incredibly gross. I don't want to see other people's feet very close. I hate it when my husband takes his socks off and rubs his feet. EWWW! Other people touching their own feet creeps me out. I don't have any issues with MY feet. And of course, I love my children's feet. I kiss on them and touch them without a second thought. But other people's feet, no way. Keep them AWAY!

6 - I am allergic to old school Cheeto's. There's some cheese powder they used back in the 90s that causes me to break out in quarter-sized hives all over my body. It sucks. But fortunately they don't use it anymore. So I can cheeto it up all I want to now! Unfortunately, my allergic reaction made me absolutely HATE cheese for most of my life. As a result I feel like I really missed out on some excellent turkey and cheese sandwich eating in my younger years.

7 - I still have my chicken pox scar. It's on my face just above my left temple. I can find it without thinking about it. Evie makes a sad face, pokes it and then gives me kisses for my booboo. I'm glad that my kids won't necessarily have to endure the chicken pox since they've been vaccinated. But something about missing out on that whole chicken pox misery is kind of bittersweet. It's nice to have some tangible proof of your childhood when you get older.

8 - I'm flat-out terrified of turning 30. I'm not sure why. I try to put on a brave face and joke about it. But there's something really horrible about rapidly approaching the big 3-0. Shoo. I think I will probably cry my eyes out on my thirtieth birthday.

9 - One of the reasons all four of my tattoos are on my back is I hate needles. I can't imagine getting a tattoo where I could see the needle going into my skin. (I'm kinda sensing a common theme on this list is how much of a wuss I am...haha)

10 - The song "It's Been Awhile" by Staind is still my all time favorite song. Despite it having fallen from popularity nearly a decade ago. It makes my stomach flutter to hear those opening chords.

2 comments:

  1. Kids can still get chicken pox...just not as easily I think with the vaccine. I'm also not claustrophobic but like when Ever would get in the bed and make me sleep in the middle and I was under the covers with Tim and Ever on each side of me I would freak! Speaking of Cheeto's I've been craving a pb & (strawberry) jelly sandwich with Cheeto's on it and that made me crave it again...thanks. haha Miss dreaded her 30th as well. So far (I still got 4 years) I'm good with it. Like the post...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, we have a lot of things in common! I too dread turning 30! It just seems so "grown-up."

    ReplyDelete