Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tweet-Tweeeet...Tweetsie

DORA! DORA!

Momma! Dora!

Pointing, yelling, jubilant.

Evie was thrilled. Ecstatic. Overwhelmed. There was Dora.

Two weekends ago, our family went to Tweetsie Railroad in Blowing Rock. My mother-in-law had acquired some free tickets to meet Dora the Explorer and Diego. My husband and I, despite spending a lot of time in the Blowing Rock area, had never been to Tweetsie. We were excited about going and Evie was stoked that she was going to see Dora. Though until Dora actually came out onto the stage I'm not sure she really understood that she would be SEEING Dora.

The park was a lot of fun. There is a lot to do and a lot to see. Kids of all ages can enjoy it. Though the under 1 set is a little limited. Mobile babies can definitely enjoy some bounce houses, running around, kiddie rides, toy shops and even a petting zoo.


 The petting zoo was my favorite. But only because they had baby pot-bellied pigs. I love pigs. Especially teensy pot-bellied ones. They just make my heart flutter. I didn't really do any rides, despite the decent selection. Evie rode a boat ride that she seemed to really enjoy. Elly spent her time in the stroller or in someone's arms.


My sister-in-law Eryn brought her lil boy, 10 month old Hunter. He seemed to have a good time. I stayed so busy with my babies I didn't really get to spend much time with him, which I was disappointed about. He's a sweet lil fellar. And I don't see him nearly enough!

Evie was jubilant that she got to see Dora. She even did really well with meeting Dora. I know a lot of kids can be overwhelmed seeing their favorite character in the flesh.


But Evie had Nanny come on the stage with her and bravely had her picture made with Dora and Diego.

Evie even survived the entire day without a single potty accident. Yet another bit of mind-boggling potty training information. Apparently kids can hold it for prolonged periods while at a theme park. Go figure.

We rode a train. Had lunch at a fabulous BBQ place. Got Evie her first (temporary) tattoo. Bought some souvenirs. Did ridiculous amounts of walking. It was a fabulous day.

I hope in future years that we get to go back to Tweetsie Railroad. When the little ones are older and able to enjoy more of the park. It was a great experience! Even though Evie was over-tired and even after her nap was a little on the surly side that evening, I thought the day was stellar.

Second family vacation-type trip down. It was spectacular! Can't wait to do it again.

p.s - These pictures were taken by my fabulous father-in-law, Gary Dowd. You can check out his website at www.garydowd.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment