Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pee...pee...everywhere

Okay, not really. But some mornings feel that way.

Potty training is the most confusing, frustrating and nerve-wracking experience of my parenting life so far. I'm sure it'll get worse. Potty training is probably pretty small stuff compared to what we'll have to deal with during teenage years I'm sure.

It's not that potty training isn't going well. I think it is. Largely, Evie is accident-free. As long as I remember to take her to the potty regularly because when she's playing she tends to forget. We are still having an issue with #2. Which I totally don't get. But I'm not a toddler. She gets that she's supposed to pee in the potty and that peeing in her pull-up or panties is bad. She understands that pooping in the potty is good. But somehow she hasn't put together that she needs to poop in the potty instead of her pull-up. If she happens to be on the potty, she'll poop otherwise you'll be changing her.

It's also interesting that some mornings Evie can pee 10 times in an hour. Others she can go two hours without a dribble.

Potty training is just a really confusing sort of thing. I just really didn't realize how frustrating it would be. Because it's incredibly frustrating. Some days are perfect. Others, it's like Evie hit her head and doesn't remember any of this potty nonsense.

We're one month in. First pack of pull-ups (I think there were 56?) down. All in all, going well. But I wish it were over.

No comments:

Post a Comment