Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day! And other good bits...

I was feeling super overwhelmed today.

And I have been cold all day. I mean all day. Except for when I woke up. I was hot then. And I went and got ready for work and since then I have froze all day. Ugh.

And I'm worrying about how this weekend is going to go.


So I have had so much on my mind and not one of those things has been a blog.

So in the great spirit of laziness, I'm blogging about how I don't have anything to blog about. But I do!

1. This is my first Mother's Day as a mother of two babies. With my family complete. And I have some really high expectations and even higher hopes. I've set my heart on Brie and Bacon quiche for breakfast on Sunday and I'm concocting a delicious cupcake/brownie recipe to take to my grandmother's Mother's Day lunch on Sunday. I hope that it's a good weekend with lots of time with my girls and maybe even some extra relaxation time for me.

I will let you know how the cupcake/brownie concoction turns out. So far its sounding delicious. And I'm glad I'm taking them for lots of other people to eat so they don't sit around my house and single-handedly demolish my diet goals.

And I hope that all the moms out there reading this have a spectacular Mother's Day. Whether it's your first, fifth or fiftieth. Happy Mother's Day! You are a spectacular wonderful person. And no matter what your friends, family or husband might say NO ONE can do what you do! :-) And your kids know it.

Don't forget to tell your mom that you agree.

2. Wish me luck taking both girls to Boone by myself on Saturday. I'm also going to be photographing the birthday party we'll be going to for the parents. Sort of professional like. And while I did professional photography for a year as a journalist, I'm super scared about how it will turn out! Pray for me please.

3. I fit into a pair of size 8 jeans this morning and I have officially lost 50 lbs in less than 3 months. Sunday, my baby will be 3 months old and while the last 20 lbs will possibly be the hardest I feel a little accomplished. And my size 8 jeans look pretty cute! (If I say so myself...and I do!)

4. I know what I'm getting for Mother's Day and it is SOOOOOOO freaking awesome. But as of right now, it still hasn't shipped. Which is depressing. But it's supposed to be here by Friday. I'll let you know!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment