Thursday, August 18, 2011

No longer 2 under 2

Well, yesterday was Evie's second birthday.

I am still sort of in shock. Or denial. Probably a healthy dosing of both.

But I'm also a little sad. Evie's growing up so fast!

And I'm also excited. Hooray for getting the "baby years" behind us. Or at least being a little closer. Of course, we're stepping fully into the world of the terrible twos. Ugh.

And maybe a little bummed about the fact that I can no longer say I have "two under two." Though of course I will always qualify as a baby buncher. And I don't have any desire to reclaim my "two under two" status by also becoming someone with "three under three." The notion is quite terrifying!

So, adios to that title. And all the stress and work that went with it.

While I'm glad to say adieu to that period of my life (honestly, the first few months was HELL!) I will certainly look back on the time with a sense of accomplishment because hey, we did all survive. But it's relief to have it behind me. There were a lot of tears. A lot of yelling. A lot of missed sleep and stressed out days. And I'm not sure I will ever forget the terrifying days spent in the hospital with a 10-day-old infant. Though I wish I could.

I have learned a lot. Grown a lot. Calmed down a lot. Matured a whole lot. I think I am a much better parent after having survived the last six months. And while I'm happy with where we are as a family and I wouldn't do it any other way, I don't think I would recommend the two under two route to any one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment