Thursday, August 18, 2011

Being infatuated

Okay. This doesn't really have anything to do with anything going on in my life right now. But I have felt pretty anti-writing for the last couple of days and this is the first thing I have actually felt like writing about. So here it is.

I was reminded today how much I love Anderson Cooper. And how much I miss getting to watch AC360. Unfortunately for me it's on at 8 p.m. which is during my evening commute and although I'm subscribed to his podcast through iTunes, I never plug my iPad up to sync. So the new episodes are never on my playlist for me to actually watch. Bummer.

Anyways, Anderson made the news today for cracking up on his show last night. And I have languished in  watching him laugh not once but twice today. Yeah, it's weird. I'm sure in person he's no where near as cool as he is on television. But he is the only television journalist that I actually like. Having met t.v. reporters before when I was myself a newspaper reporter, I generally dislike the whole lot of them. Television journalism is much more cut throat and vicious and as a result most of the t.v. people are...well, hateful to use a PG adjective.

But I just love Anderson Cooper. Maybe it's the blue eyes. I am a documented sucker for blue eyes. Check out my husband and beautiful babies. Or maybe it's the hair. Not many guys can pull off white hair while still looking youthful and energetic.

And looks aside, I really admire his reporting style. I like his jumping-in-the-fray, standing-in-the-path-of-the-tornado, crashing-through-the-desert-in-a-flak-jacket, hoo-rah attitude. It might just be a publicity thing, rigged up for the cameras, but he seems to be a tireless wanna-know kinda guy. He NEEDS that story. He's GOING to get that juicy news. And he reports it.

And watching him crack up on camera is hilarious.

If you want to check it out here's a link:

The Ridiculist : Gerard Depardieu

No comments:

Post a Comment