Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hello Autumn!

It's beginning to look like life with two kids is just hectic all around. I thought maybe it was going to just be a summer thing. Really, I did. But now it's looking like that's just life. Plus, I keep finding myself addicted to random apps on the iPad. And that really cuts into my blogging time. My horse needs to be fed, groomed and trained regularly dang it!

I dunno. I have had all these things I wanted to blog about. But haven't been able to find the motivation to actually TYPE. It's sad.

But hey, as of last week, Autumn 2011 is officially upon us. What are you most excited about this fall?

First off, I'm super stoked for our very first Dowd family vacation. Josh and I haven't really done a lot of vacation since we have been together. Something I absolutely REFUSE to continue now that we have children. Most people find it easiest to travel BEFORE you have kids. For me, there is more inspiration to travel with the kids. Plus, it's going to be way more fun! So we're heading to Myrtle Beach the last week of October. The whole Dowd crew. All four of us, my husband's parents, and my husband's sister and her family or that's the plan. We're going to the aquarium and the beach and shopping...etc etc.

Second, two family holidays are coming up. Well, heck, three really. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Yes, that third one is a holiday. An exciting one at that! Especially since this year, we will be celebrating our Thanksgiving that day. I have to work on Thursday and it's just easier to not try. If I got off at a normal time, like 6 p.m. or worked nights, I probably could. But with my shift, it'll just be easier to take off Black Friday. That way the other employees who need to come in late or leave early to celebrate Turkey Day with their families can do so. My people have already been advised and are fully prepared. Another plus to celebrating Thanksgiving the day after? I will get to go shopping without coming into work dead tired from being up all night! WOOT!

But I'm pretty excited about Halloween. It's always fun and it will be exciting to take both girls trick-or-treating.

I'm really looking forward to the leaves turning and falling. The crisp autumn mornings. The cooler weather before it gets to being really COLD. I don't like cold so much. Especially not after December 25 (Up until Christmas cold and snow seem seasonal, afterwards, I think they're just depressing). But fall is such a fun time. The smells, the tastes, all the activities to get into. I'm going to teach Evie how to rake leaves and jump into piles.

And I have some great ideas for fall pictures. As soon as the leaves get good and multicolored. I think we'll take a drive up the Parkway one morning and do a photo session with them both. It's funny the things you look forward to once you have kids, huh? haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment