Thursday, May 10, 2012

My New Thing

So I have recently somehow managed to discover that I love tea.

No. Not sweet tea. Yes, I have been drinking it all of my memorable life. And yes, I do love it.

But I have discovered that I LOVE - in all caps here - LOVE hot tea. It's become a neat sort of fascination. I've spent time online looking up new flavors to try and cannot wait to finish off a box so I can try something new.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure all my co-workers have decided that I've lost my mind.

It all started because I wanted to cut out my daily diet soda. Since I had Elly, I've only allowed myself one diet soda per day. Typically a Diet Dr. Pepper. And I drink it with my lunch every day. During my weight loss journey I read that a cup of hot Green Tea in the afternoon could help with weight loss. So I started drinking a hot tea in the afternoons with a small snack. And even though I'm not trying to lose weight now, I continue to have my cup of tea because I discovered I really enjoyed it.

Keep in mind, I'm the type of person who would love to sit around and drink hot coffee all day. Except I just cannot do the caffeine. If I have coffee in the afternoon, I'm up all night. So coffee was never an option. But tea, all teas, have dramatically less caffeine than a cup of coffee.

So, as I attempted to cut out my diet soda after reading yet another article about how bad artificial sweetener is for you, I replaced it with a cup of Earl Gray tea. And holy cow! I love it!

So then I start thinking...some mornings, I get a little jittery after my coffee. I know, I'm a total wuss. Two cups of coffee and I have the mid-morning jitters. But I love sipping a couple of cups of hot coffee during breakfast and while I read the news and emails in the morning. Sipping my coffee while I get ready. I need some caffeine but maybe I need a little less. So I tried replacing one of my cups of coffee with a cup of black tea. And by Jove! I love it!

So now I have cut out my serious coffee habit. And I haven't had any headaches or jitters. Although I think everyone has decided I might be the weirdest person they know...

No comments:

Post a Comment